See & Do
North Stradbroke Island is abundant in natural wonders to experience, wildlife to encounter, history and culture to absorb, and the outdoors lifestyle to live up. Welcome to nature’s playground, where there are so many things to do on Stradbroke Island. So, if you’re thinking of visiting Stradbroke Island, and wondering, “What to do on Stradbroke Island?”, then here are our top picks for visitors:
There are many things to do on Stradbroke Island:
- Beaches and lakes Not sure what to do on Stradbroke Island? You simply cannot go wrong with the many picture-perfect beaches, lakes, and waterways. Straddie truly is a tropical paradise, filled with breathtaking water views and an abundance of options for swimming. Stradbroke Island is known for their beaches and lakes, so it’s a must when visiting!
- Island activities Whatever your interest, you’re sure to find an island activity that ticks all the boxes. For the thrill-seekers, that might be kayaking and four-wheel driving, where you can fulfill all your adrenaline dreams! For those wanting to just relax and take a break, whale watching and yoga are perfect options when visiting Stradbroke Island.
- Family There’s no place like Stradbroke Island for a family getaway. The kids will love exploring everything the island has to offer, whether that be by cycling, playing on the beach, or spending the day at your luxury resort. These family activities will keep everyone entertained and having the time of their lives! There are countless things to do on Stradbroke island for children, almost too many to get them all done!
- Shopping When coming up with things to do on Stradbroke Island, make sure shopping is on your list. Straddie is home to a whole range of talented artisans and exquisite curators. It’s an amazing way to support the locals and give back to the community. There’s a range of markets and stalls where you can pick up fresh produce and meet the locals to experience the island culture.
- Events Sports, music and everything in between, Stradbroke Island plays host to a number of world-class events throughout the year such as Point Lookout Markets, Quandamooka Festival, Stradbroke Chamber Music Festival, Straddie Assault and Straddie Salute. No matter when you decide to visit Stradbroke Island there will be a great event for you to attend, so you’re never looking for things to do on Stradbroke Island.
- History and culture For a truly unique experience, explore the incredible culture of the Quandamooka people, the custodians of the land. You can visit the Dunwich Cemetery, learn why there was a 100 building process for the Point Lookout Lighthouse, or go through a bush tucker garden trail at Terra Bulla Leumeah.There’s many island culture activities to see and do to get you history up to scratch.
What to do on Stradbroke Island?
Still looking for things to do on beautiful Stradbroke Island? Explore the categories listed above and discover Stradbroke Island your way – on a solo getaway, a couple’s retreat, or a memorable family vacation.
Whether you are looking for a luxury experience, an opportunity to get up-close with nature, or a holiday packed with high-energy activities, visit Stradbroke Island. With pristine natural features and good old-fashioned local hospitality, Straddie truly is one in a million.
Check out the latest offers and book your trip today.
For those that like a little bit of action, choose from day tours, fishing, surfing, diving, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, cycling, 4WDing, whale watching, sand-boarding, walks to mention a few things. You’ll never get bored!See More
History & Culture
History & Culture
There are lots of places to experience the rich culture of the Quandamooka people – the custodians of the land – and the shared history with the newcomers.See More